- All court documents must have a case caption according to the State Court Administrator's Office Case File Management Standards.
- It is recommended that paper size not exceed 8.5 wide by 11 inches long.
- Documents shall contain case caption and file/case number, including year and case type suffix.
- Print contained on pleading should be no smaller than 12-point type.
- Pleadings must be legibly typewritten or printed in ink.
- Documents shall be signed by party and/or attorney. If document is stipulated to, it must be signed by both parties and/or attorneys of record.
- There are typically no filing fees required in criminal matters.
- The Clerk of the Court may reject papers that do not conform with the minimum filing requirements.
- Original documents are filed with the County Clerk as Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- Extra copies for the Judge are not required, unless the court has specifically directed you to file an extra copy to provide to the Judge.
Set Aside ConvictionForms and Instructions are available on How You Can Make Your Michigan Adult Criminal Conviction Nonpublic (PDF).
Forms and instructions are also available in the County Clerk's Office, however a fee is charged for producing the forms.
Forms are available to Petition the Court to Discontinue Sex Offender Registration (PDF).
Sex Offender Registration
Forms and Instructions are also available in the County Clerk's Office, however a fee is charged for producing the forms.
To make online payments for a case in the Clinton County 29th Circuit, you may utilize GovPay.