- County Clerk's Office
- Election Information
- Recall Information
If the term of office is two years or less, a recall petition cannot be filed during the first of last six months of the term office.
If the term of office is more than two years, recall wording can be submitted after the officer has been in office for 6 months. Recall petitions cannot be filed during the first or last year of service.
- Contact the County Clerk's office for blank petition forms.
- Write the petition language directly on the petition form and submit in person at clerk's office.
- The petition sponsor must reside in the township of the officer being recalled.
- When the petition language is filed, the sponsor will receive a receipt of filing.
- A clarity hearing will be scheduled and both parties will be notified. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- File the Recall Signature Document with the County Clerk
- If the petition language is approved by the election commission, circulation of the petition can begin.
- The petition is valid for 180 days. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Recall effort against Patti Schafer, Eagle Township Supervisor