How do I change an existing order?

You may request a change by filing a motion. When you file a motion, you must explain why you believe there is proper cause for your request, or that there has been a change of circumstances since the last order was entered. You must also show that the requested change is in the best interests of your child(ren). For child support only, you may submit a written request for a statutory review if it has been at least 3 years since your last review or the entry of your last order. 

The parties may also agree to modify their Order by signing a written agreement that is then submitted to the Court for approval (called a "Stipulation and Order"). Once the signed agreement is received by the Friend of the Court, an appointment will be scheduled to assist in drafting the agreement into a Stipulation and Order.

Show All Answers

1. How do I start a new divorce case?
2. How do I start a new child support case?
3. What are the 29th Circuit Court Parenting Time Guidelines and how do they apply to my case?
4. How do I change an existing order?
5. What happens if a parent does not pay child support as ordered?
6. Can I deny parenting time if the other parent is not paying child support as ordered?
7. What if I am ordered to pay support based on my income from work, but I get laid off from my job?
8. What can I do if the other parent violates the custody or parenting time order?
9. Is there a specific age when my child can decide where he/she wants to live?