Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The application process is now open.
Hunting Program Objective
Hill/Cove East of Beach
Southwest Corner of Little Clinton Lake
Northwest Corner of Big Clinton Lake
West Side of Big Clinton Lake/Island
Peninsula on South Side of Big Clinton Lake
Peninsula on Southeast Side of Big Clinton Lake
In addition to abiding by Michigan Game Laws, I will obey Clinton County's Amended Park Rules Ordinance, a copy of which is posted within Clinton Lakes County Park and on-line at www.clinton-county.org . A printed copy may be requested by calling (989) 224-5128 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . I understand that failure to comply with game laws, Amended Park Rules Ordinance and conditions listed on the back of this permit will result in revocation of permit and prosecution by law.
In consideration for permission to enter and use Park property for the purpose of waterfowl hunting, I hereby release Clinton County, its officers, agents and employees from any liability for damage or injury to me or my property arising out of my use of park property.
I further agree on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors and assigns to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless Clinton County, its officers, agents and employees from any loss, injury, damage, claim or expense arising out of my use of Clinton County park property, including reasonable legal expenses in connection therewith.
This waterfowl Hunting Permit is subject to the following conditions:
1. Hunting is allowed by Commission-approved permit only. Approved hunters must carry this permit on their person during the hunt and, upon request, provide it to county personnel or law enforcement officers for inspection.
2. The hunter subject to this permit may be accompanied by up to two (2) guest hunters subject to the following
*Guest hunter(s) must also have applied for a Hunting Permit of their own by the deadline and such permit must be on file in the Parks and Green Space Commission office.
*Approved hunter and guest hunter(s) must enter the park at the same time.
*Approved hunter and guest hunter(s) must hunt in the same location and occupy no more than 100 linear feet of shoreline.
3. Michigan Hunting Rules and Clinton County's Amended Park Rules Ordinance are to be obeyed entirely.
4. Hunting is only allowed within Clinton Lakes County Park along the immediate shoreline of Big Clinton and Little Clinton Lakes. Hunting is not allowed in Francis Motz County Park.
5. Hunting is only allowed on the date and times listed.
6. Hunters may enter park property one hour before legal shooting time in the morning and remain on site until 2:00 pm only. Steel shot is required for all waterfowl hunting and #4 or #2 size shot are recommended. DON’T SKYBUST so you and all other hunters can have a great experience.
7. All shotguns will be carried unloaded going to and from designated hunting areas.
8. Target shooting is prohibited.
9. Motor vehicles of any kind are not allowed to operate outside of the designated parking area found adjacent to DeWitt Road. All watercraft rules apply including no gasoline motors, using existing carry-in access and an approved personal flotation device for each occupant in a watercraft. Persons with mobility issues should contact the Commission business office at (989) 224-5128 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm for accommodation.
10. Clinton Lakes Park properties will be closed to the general public during scheduled hunt periods. Hunters may erect portable blinds provided the blind is constructed in a manner which does not damage a wetland or other valued natural asset. Hunters may not cut or otherwise damage trees or surrounding vegetation. Blinds must be removed on the same day they were erected no later than one-hour after sunset.
11. Hunters shall collect their spent shells and other litter for proper disposal prior to leaving park property.
12. Those groups that fail to show without at least 48 hours notice will be removed from the drawing in the following year..
The Commission will notify all applicants by e-mail no later than Thursday, October 3rd, 2019 whether or not they have been drawn for a Hunting Permit and the date(s).
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date. In addition, with my signature below, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to abide by the Amended Park Rule Ordinance and the Waterfowl Hunting Permit & Hold Harmless Agreement.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field