If an estate is under the allowable amount ($23,000 in 2019 in value adjusted annually for cost of living), consists entirely of personal property, no real property, and it has been more than 28 days after a decedent's date of death, you may be able transfer assets via “Transfer by Affidavit” procedure. Use form PC598 Affidavit of Decedent’s Successor for Delivery of Certain Assets Owned by Decedent which affirms:
1. More than 28 days have passed since the death of the decedent
2. The estate does not include real property
3. The estate value, minus liens and encumbrances, is not greater than the allowable amount
4. An application or petition for appointment of personal representative is not pending in court or has not been granted; a petition and order for assignment has not been filed in a court.
5. The successor is entitled to the payment or delivery of the property