Veteran's Services

Veterans Affairs provides Ingham and Clinton veterans accurate, efficient and timely services to ensure maximum delivery of benefits to veterans and their families.

Our accredited counselors assist veterans and their families with every veteran benefit to include emergency financial assistance, burial, compensation, pension, education, medical, home loan, and life insurance.  Our transportation program provides local veterans access to complete medical services at the VA Health Care System in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

For further information and available services, visit the Ingham County website.

Weekly Veteran's Services at the Courthouse

Veterans and their family members have access to veteran's benefit information and claim assistance through the Veterans of Foreign Wars Department of Michigan Service Office.

A Department of Michigan VFW Service Officer will be available to the public and all veterans, without regard to organizational affiliation.  Veterans, service members still serving, and family members are encouraged to take advantage of the assistance provided by the VFW.  There is no charge for VFW assistance and no appointments are required.

Please bring proper identification to include a DD214 or discharge document if you have it available.

The VFW Service Officer will be available weekly at the Clinton County Courthouse, Garden Level, Conference Room A, in St. Johns every Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Your VFW Service Officer is Barry Walter, a Vietnam veteran with over 35 years of experience assisting veterans and their families.

For more information please call the VFW State Service Office at 313-964-6510 or email Barry Walter.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Logo
Michigan Veteran's Affairs Agency (MVAA)
The MVAA serves as the central coordinating point, connecting those who have served in the Armed Forces and their families to services and benefits throughout the state. MVAA is responsible for the Michigan Veterans Trust Fund, Michigan Veterans Homeowners Assistance Program, the Michigan Veterans Homes and the state's grant to Veterans Service Organizations and the County Veterans Counselors.

Visit the MVAA website for more information on these services. 
Michigan Department of Veteran Affairs Logo
Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemption
If a disabled veteran qualifies, they may be exempt from property taxes on their principle residence. Visit the State of Michigan Treasury website for more information.