Military Discharge

Filing Copies of Discharge Papers
Following discharge from the service, veterans should place a copy of their discharge (Form DD-214) on file with the County Clerk. By doing so, the County Clerk can produce certified copies, as outlined below.

Certified Copies
Pursuant to MCL 35.32, a military service discharge record is confidential and may be viewed or copied only by the veteran, a person with the veteran's written permission, or the surviving heirs of a veteran.