Parks & Green Space Commission
- 8:30 a.m.
- Meets the 1st Friday of each month
- 100 E State Street
St. Johns, MI 48879
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Term: 3-year terms
- A member of the Clinton County Road Commission
- The Clinton County Drain Commissioner
- A member of the Planning Commission
- 2 members of the Clinton County Board of Commissioners
- 5 residents of Clinton County (residents representing important segments of the economic, governmental, social life and development of the County such as agriculture, industry, commerce, transportation, education, government, and recreation.
DutiesThe GSC duties include:
- Adopt a coordinated plan that assesses the need for County green space and evaluates the extent to which the County is meeting these needs and a plan that meets State of Michigan guidelines for a comprehensive outdoor recreation plan
- Assists the Board of Commissioners (BOC) in acquiring properties by gift, purchase, lease, agreement, or otherwise, in fee simple or with conditions, for the purposes of conserving green space throughout the County
- Advises the BOC on the adoption, amending or repealing of such rules and regulations necessary to control the use and conservation of County green space
- Informs and updates the public about the role of the commission and the purposes and needs for green space in the County
- Coordinates opportunities for the public to be involved in the planning and development of the County's green space
- Acts as a liaison and provides coordination with the State of Michigan and cities, villages, townships, school systems and other organizations in the County to ensure a total cooperative community effort in conserving green space