- An individual may search Death and Marriage records, onsite, at no charge. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (The County Clerk's office may close on occasion during the noon hour.)
- Only one genealogist is allowed to work in the office at a time due to limited space. A two-hour time limit may be necessary due to various circumstances.
- If unable to search onsite, the County Clerk staff will conduct a search for you.
- The cost is $13.00 per name for a three year search. You will need to put your request in writing and send it along with a check or money order. If a record is found you will receive a certified copy. If not found, we retain the fee for the search. Your request should include: Name and date of record.
- Birth records for Genealogy are only available when the records are 100 years old or more, to any applicant. A Birth record that is less than 100 years old can only be obtained by an heir with proof of death. Only certified copies can be purchased.
- Certified copies of records are $13.00 for the first certified copy and $5.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order made payable to Clinton County Clerk.