APPLYING FOR A NEW CCW PERMIT:
- Concealed Pistol License Application Kits may be obtained from the County Clerks Office, from the Clinton County Sheriff's Office or from participating local police agencies, i.e. DeWitt Township Police Department, Bath Township Police Department and DeWitt City Police Department.
- The Application requires a Passport quality photograph. For your convenience, the Clinton County Clerk's Office has the ability to take Passport quality photographs for a fee of $10.00. These photos take just a few minutes for processing.
- The Applicant must present an original training certificate, which complies with Section 5j of 1927, PA 372, to the Clerks Office at the time of submitting the application. (The Clerks Office will photocopy the certificate.)
- Application for Concealed Weapons Permit must be executed in the presence of the County Clerk or a designated representative of the Clerk.
- A CCW permit issued on or after July 1, 2006 will expire on the applicant's date of birth, and is valid not less than four years but no more than five years upon date of issuance. Pursuant to PA 184 of 2006.
- The application fee is paid to the Clinton County Clerk's Office at the time of application. The fee is $105.00 for all applicants. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order payable to the Clinton County Clerk.
- While it is encouraged to obtain a Concealed Pistol License Application Kit, if unable to do so, an application may be downloaded from the State Police website.
RENEWING A CCW
- A CCW permit is renewed in the same manner as the original license, including fingerprints.
- NOTE: Anyone printed after January 1, 2006 may not need to be re-fingerprinted.
- Pistol safety training course is not required, but recommended.
- Applicant must certify to a statement on application that he/she has completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least one hour of firing range time in the six months immediately preceding the renewal application.
- Renewals can be made no more than six months prior to expiration of their license.