Complete Job Description
General Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Lead Telecommunicator or the Central Dispatch Director, receives requests for police, fire, and emergency medical assistance from the public. Dispatches and/or relays calls for service to the appropriate police, fire, and emergency medical agencies or units. Assists emergency service agencies by collecting, storing, retrieving, and disseminating information vital to their operations.
1. High school diploma or its equivalent.
2. Certification in First Aid and/or CPR preferred.
3. Certification as Emergency Medical Dispatcher preferred.
4. 40-hour Michigan Telecommunicator Course completion desirable.
1. Prior work experience with police, fire, or EMS agencies desired.
2. Prior experience as a public safety dispatcher preferred.
3. Two years previous work experience preferred.
4. Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
5. Have the ability to perform multi-tasks within a high stress working environment
6. Must be willing to work 12 hours shifts, week-ends, holidays and compensated overtime.
SALARY: $32,575 to $40,196
BENEFITS: Membership in Municipal Employee Retirement System (MERS) Defined Contribution (401a) retirement; Holiday pay; After 90 days, health insurance; after 120 days, life and disability insurance, sick and vacation accruals; pro-rated personal hours.
1. Interactive testing
2. Oral Board Interview
3. Must complete and pass pre-employment reference or security check, physical and drug screen.
Complete a County job application and submit along with cover letter and resume to:
100 E. State Street, Suite 2100
St. Johns, MI 48879